Theater Director, Film Director (born 21-Mar-1925)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jean-Claude Carriere. Translated by Aruna Vasudev. In Search of the Mahabharata: Notes of Travels in India with Peter Brook, 1982-1985. MacMillan India, Ltd.. 2001. 119pp.
Margaret Croyden (editor). Conversations with Peter Brook, 1970-2000. London: Faber & Faber. 2004. 320pp.
Anthony Davies. Filming Shakespeare's Plays: The Adaptations of Laurence Olivier, Orson Welles, Peter Brook, and Akira Kurosawa. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. 1995. 233pp.
John Heilpern. Conference of the Birds: The Story of Peter Brook in Africa. Methuen. 1999. 327pp.
Richard Helfer; Glenn Loney (editors). Peter Brook: Oxford to Orghast. London: Routledge. 1998. 324pp.
Albert Hunt; Geoffrey Reeves. Peter Brook. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. 1995. 306pp.
Edward Trostle Jones. Following Directions: A Study of Peter Brook. Pieterlen, Switzerland: Peter Lang. 1985. 220pp.
Michael Kustow. Peter Brook: A Biography. New York: St. Martin's Press. 2005. 352pp.
Shomit Mitter. Systems of Rehearsal: Stanislavsky, Brecht, Grotowski and Peter Brook. London: Routledge. 1992. 192pp.
Dale Moffitt (editor). Between Two Silences: Talking With Peter Brook. Southern Methodist University Press. 1999. 128pp.
Garry O'Connor. The Mahabharata: Peter Brook's Epic in the Making. London: Hodder and Stoughton. 1989. 159pp.
A. C. H. Smith. Orghast at Persepolis: An Account of the Experiment in Theatre Directed by Peter Brook and Written by Ted Hughes. London: Eyre Methuen. 1972.
Andrew Todd; Jean-Guy Lecat. The Open Circle: Peter Brook's Theatre Environments. London: Faber & Faber. 2003. 262pp.
J. C. Trewin. Peter Brook: A Biography. London: MacDonald. 1971. 216pp.
David Williams (editor). Peter Brook: A Theatrical Casebook. London: Methuen. 1988. 448pp.
David Williams (editor). Peter Brook and the Mahabharata: Critical Perspectives. London: Routledge. 1991. 337pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.106)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.187)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.97)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.210)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.82)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.65)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.62)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.110)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.126)
- International Who's Who 1960 (p.122)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.215)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.73)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.33)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.89)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.341)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications