Playwright, Architect (24-Jan-1664 26-Mar-1726)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Geoffrey Beard. The Work of John Vanbrugh. Batsford. 1986. 176pp.
Gerald M. Berkowitz. Sir John Vanbrugh and the End of Restoration Comedy. Rodopi. 1981. 222pp.
Kerry Downes. Vanbrugh. A. Zwemmer. 1977. 291pp.
Bernard Harris. Sir John Vanbrugh. Longmans. 1967. 43pp.
Arthur R. Huseboe. Sir John Vanbrugh. Twayne. 1976. 178pp.
Frank McCormick. Sir John Vanbrugh: The Playwright as Architect. Penn State Press. 1991. 196pp.
Frank McCormick. Sir John Vanbrugh: A Reference Guide. G. K. Hall. 1992. 228pp.
Christopher Ridgway; Robert Williams (editors). Sir John Vanbrugh and Landscape Architecture in Baroque England, 1690-1730. Sutton. 2000. 242pp.
Laurence Whistler. Sir John Vanbrugh: Architect and Dramatist, 1664-1726. Cobden-Sanderson. 1938. 327pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1494)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.390)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.532)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1067)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.494)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.893)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.299)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.534)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications