Geologist (3-Jun-1726 26-Mar-1797)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Edward Bailey. James Hutton: Founder of Modern Geology. Elsevier. 1966. 173pp.
Stephen Baxter. Ages in Chaos: James Hutton and the Discovery of Deep Time. Macmillan. 2004. 245pp.
Dennis R. Dean. James Hutton and the History of Geology. Cornell University Press. 1992. 303pp.
Jack Repcheck. The Man Who Found Time: James Hutton and the Discovery of the Earth's Antiquity. Perseus. 2003. 247pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.751)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.126)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.249)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.257)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.138)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications