Football (11-Sep-1913 26-Jan-1983)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Allen Barra. The Last Coach: A Life of Paul "Bear" Bryant. W. W. Norton. 2006. 546pp.
John David Briley. Career in Crisis: Paul "Bear" Bryant and the 1971 Season of Change. Mercer University Press. 2006. 322pp.
Al Browning. I Remember Paul "Bear" Bryant: Personal Memories of College Football's Most Legendary Coach, as Told by the People Who Knew Him Best. Cumberland House. 2001. 272pp.
Bear Bryant; with John Underwood. Bear. Boston, MA: Little, Brown. 1974. 342pp.
Keith Dunnavant. Coach: The Life of Paul "Bear" Bryant. Macmillan. 2005. 364pp.
Keith Dunnavant. The Missing Ring: How Bear Bryant and the 1966 Alabama Crimson Tide Were Denied College Football's Most Elusive Prize. Macmillan. 2006. 336pp.
Mickey Herskowitz. The Legend of Bear Bryant. McGraw-Hill. 1987. 241pp.
Don Keith. The Bear: The Legendary Life of Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant. Cumberland House Publishing. 2006. 189pp. Based on a screenplay by Al Browning, Jr.
James Kirby. Fumble: Bear Bryant, Wally Butts, and the Great College Football Scandal. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich. 1986. 248pp.
James A. Peterson; Bill Cromartie. Bear Bryant, Countdown to Glory: A Game-by-Game History of Bear Bryant's First 315 Victories. Leisure Press. 1983. 383pp.
David Shepard. The Titan of Tuscaloosa: The Tie Games and Career of Paul Bear Bryant. iUniverse. 2002. 172pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.103)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.221)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.70)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.97)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, p.127)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.515)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.374)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.859)
- Biographical Dictionary of American Sports: Football (pp.74-75)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.36)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.259)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications