Poet (c. 1612 16-Sep-1672)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Luther Caldwell (editor). An Account of Anne Bradstreet, the Puritan Poetess and Kindred Topics. Boston, MA: Damrell & Upham. 1898. 64pp.
Helen Campbell. Anne Bradstreet and Her Time. Boston, MA: D. Lothrop Company. 1891.
Pattie Cowell; Ann Stanford (editors). Critical Essays on Anne Bradstreet. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall. 1983.
Raymond A. Craig. A Concordance to the Complete Works of Anne Bradstreet: A Special Edition of Studies in Puritan American Spirituality. Edwin Mellen Press. 2000. 648pp.
Raymond F. Dolle. Anne Bradstreet: A Reference Guide. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall & Co.. 1990.
Montrew Dunham. Anne Bradstreet: Young Puritan Poet. Indianapolis, IN: Bobbs-Merrill. 1969. 200pp.
Charlotte Gordon. Mistress Bradstreet: The Untold Life of America's First Poet. New York: Little, Brown & Company. 2005. 352pp.
Wendy Martin. An American Triptych: Anne Bradstreet, Emily Dickinson, Adrienne Rich. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press. 1984. 272pp.
Heidi L. Nichols. Anne Bradstreet: A Guided Tour of the Life and Thought of a Puritan Poet. P & R Publishing. 2006. 210pp.
Theresa Freda Nicolay (editor). Gender Roles, Literary Authority, and Three American Women Writers: Anne Dudley Bradstreet, Mercy Otis Warren, Margaret Fuller Ossoli. Peter Lang Publishing. 1995. 166pp.
Josephine Ketcham Piercy. Anne Bradstreet. Twayne. 1965.
Rosamond Rosenmeier. Anne Bradstreet Revisited. Twayne. 1991.
Ann Stanford. Anne Bradstreet: The Worldly Puritan. New York: Burt Franklin & Co.. 1974. 170pp.
Elizabeth Wade White. Anne Bradstreet: The Tenth Muse. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. 1971. 410pp.
Douglas Wilson. Beyond Stateliest Marble: The Passionate Femininity of Anne Bradstreet. Cumberland House. 2001. 255pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.128)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.196)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.129)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.94)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.94)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.130)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.83)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.75)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.101)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.130)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.86)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (pp.131-33)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.31)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.2)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications