Film Director (born 20-Feb-1943)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Raymond Carney; Leonard Quart. The Films of Mike Leigh: Embracing the World. Cambridge University Press. 2000. 292pp.
Paul Clements. The Improvised Play: The Work of Mike Leigh. Methuen. 1983. 96pp.
Michael Coveney. The World According to Mike Leigh. HarperCollins. 1996. 255pp.
Edward Trostle Jones. All or Nothing: The Cinema of Mike Leigh. Peter Lang. 2004. 196pp.
Howie Movshovitz (editor). Mike Leigh: Interviews. University Press of Mississippi. 2000. 138pp.
Garry Watson. The Cinema of Mike Leigh: A Sense of the Real. London: Wallflower Press. 2004. 208pp.
Tony Whitehead. Mike Leigh. Manchester University Press. 2008. 217pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.839)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.328)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.193)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.327)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.509)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.501-03)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.295)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications