Painter, Engraver (15-Jul-1606 4-Oct-1669)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Harry Berger. Fictions of the Pose: Rembrandt Against the Italian Renaissance. Stanford University Press. 2000. 624pp.
Kenneth Clark. Rembrandt and the Italian Renaissance. London: John Murray. 1966. 225pp.
Joannis Van Loon. R. v. R.: The Life and Times of Rembrandt Van Rijn. New York: Horace Liveright. 1930. 570pp.
Simon Schama. Rembrandt's Eyes. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1999. 750pp.
Cynthia P. Schneider. Rembrandt's Landscapes: Drawings and Prints. New Haven: Yale University Press. 1990. 289pp.
Marieke de Winkel. Fashion and Fancy: Dress and Meaning in Rembrandt's Paintings. Amsterdam University Press. 2006. 398pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1229)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.861)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.419)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.561)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.254)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.76)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications