|Maxine Hong Kingston|
Author (born 27-Oct-1940)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Daniel D. Challener. Stories of Resilience in Childhood: The Narratives of Maya Angelou, Maxine Hong Kingston, Richard Rodriguez, John Edgar Wideman, and Tobias Wolff. New York: Garland Publishing. 1997. 204pp.
King-Kok Cheung. Articulate Silences: Hisaye Yamamoto, Maxine Hong Kingston and Joy Kogawa. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. 1993. 198pp.
Yan Gao. Art of Parody: Maxine Hong Kingston's Use of Chinese Sources. Peter Lang. 1997. 178pp.
E. D. Huntley. Maxine Hong Kingston: A Critical Companion. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 2000. 224pp.
Maxine Hong Kingston. I Love a Broad Margin to My Life. Alfred A. Knopf. 2011. 232pp.
Maureen Sabine. Maxine Hong Kingston's Broken Book of Life: An Intertextual Study of the Woman Warrior and China Men. University of Hawaii Press. 2004. 264pp.
Diane Simmons. Maxine Hong Kingston. New York: Twayne. 1999. 184pp.
Laura E. Skandera-Trombley. Critical Essays on Maxine Hong Kingston. Twayne. 1998. 359pp.
Paul Skenazy; Tera Martin. Conversations with Maxine Hong Kingston. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi. 1998. 237pp.
Say-ling Cynthia Wong. Maxine Hong Kingston's the Woman Warrior: A Casebook. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. 1999. 193pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.136)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.401)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.558)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.829)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.403)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.39)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.614)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.458)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications