|Katherine Anne Porter|
Author (15-May-1890 18-Sep-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Thomas Carl Austenfeld. American Women Writers and the Nazis: Ethics and Politics in Boyle, Porter, Stafford, and Hellman. University Press of Virginia. 2001. 189pp.
Robert F. Kiernan. Katherine Anne Porter and Carson McCullers: A Reference Guide. G. K. Hall. 1976. 194pp.
Enrique Hank Lopez. Conversations With Katherine Anne Porter: Refugee from Indian Creek. Boston, MA: Little Brown & Co.. 1981. 326pp.
Janis P. Stout. Katherine Anne Porter: A Sense of the Times. University of Virginia Press. 1995. 381pp.
Janis P. Stout. Strategies of Reticence: Silence and Meaning in the Works of Jane Austen, Willa Cather, Katherine Anne Porter, and Joan Didion. University of Virginia Press. 1994. 228pp.
Darlene Harbour Unrue. Katherine Anne Porter: The Life of an Artist. University Press of Mississippi. 2005. 381pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.568)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1183)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.837)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.192)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.998-1003)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1118)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.538-39)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.599)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.821)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.581)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.377)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.403)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.129)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.866)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.696)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications