|James B. Conant|
Educator (26-Mar-1893 11-Feb-1978)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James B. Conant. My Several Lives: Memoirs of a Social Inventor. New York: Harper and Row. 1970. 701pp.
James G. Hershberg. James B. Conant: Harvard to Hiroshima and the Making of the Nuclear Age. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1993. 948pp.
Montgomery Meigs. Managing Uncertainty: Vannevar Bush, James B. Conant and the Development of the Atomic Bomb. University of Wisconsin Press. 1985. 288pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.228)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.155)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.149)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.217)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.157)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.147)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.196)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.774)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.2, pp.282-86)
- Notable U.S. Ambassadors Since 1775 (pp.55-61)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.119)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications