Conductor (11-Mar-1903 17-May-1992)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Mary Lewis Coakley. Mister Music Maker: Lawrence Welk. Doubleday. 1958. 280pp.
Albert Govoni. The Lawrence Welk Story. Pocket Books. 1966. 122pp.
Karl B. Johnson. Lawrence Welk and His Musical Family: A Collecting Guide to the Recordings of Lawrence Welk. J. Carlson Press. 1999. 611pp.
Susan Katz. The Lawrence Welk Scrapbook. Grosset & Dunlap. 1978.
William K. Schwienher. Lawrence Welk: An American Institution. Nelson-Hall. 1980. 288pp.
Lawrence Welk. Wunnerful, Wunnerful! The Autobiography of Lawrence Welk. Lebanon, IN: Prentice Hall Direct. 1971. 294pp.
Lawrence Welk; with Bernice McGeehan. Lawrence Welk's Musical Family Album. Prentice-Hall. 1977. 150pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.745)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1112)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.535)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.1111)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.782)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.5, p.106)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.349)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications