Chemist (25-Jun-1864 18-Nov-1941)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Diana Kormos Barkan. Walther Nernst and the Transition to Modern Physical Science. Cambridge University Press. 1998. 288pp.
Hans-Georg Bartel; Rudolf P. Huebener. Walther Nernst: Pioneer of Physics and of Chemistry. Singapore: World Scientific. 2007. 394pp.
Kurt Mendelssohn. The World of Walther Nernst: The Rise and Fall of German Science. University of Pittsburgh Press. 1973. 191pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.549)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.514)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1073)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.355)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.366)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.354)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.374)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.146)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications