|Albert Sidney Johnston|
Military (2-Feb-1803 6-Apr-1862)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Chris Emmett. The General and the Poet: Albert Sidney Johnston and Sidney Lanier: A Luminary Follows a Star. San Antonio, TX: Naylor. 1937. 63pp.
William Preston Johnston. The Life of Gen. Albert Sidney Johnston, Embracing his Services in the Armies of the United States, the Republic of Texas, and the Confederate States. New York: D. Appleton. 1878. 755pp.
Avery C. Moore. Destiny's Soldier: General Albert Sidney Johnston. San Francisco, CA: Fearon. 1958. 197pp.
Charles P. Roland. Albert Sidney Johnston: Soldier of Three Republics. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. 1964. 384pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.790)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.557)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.191)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.379)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.505)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications