|Samuel J. Tilden|
Politician, Attorney (9-Feb-1814 4-Aug-1886)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Bigelow. The Life of Samuel J. Tilden. New York: Harper & Brothers. 1895. (2 vols.) 415pp. + 412pp. Volume II covering 1877-87.
Benjamin E. Buckman. Samuel J. Tilden Unmasked!. New York: Self-Published. 1876. 120pp.
Theodore P. Cook. The Life and Public Services of Hon. Samuel J. Tilden: Democratic Nominee for President of the United States: To which is Added a Sketch of the Life of Hon. Thomas A. Hendricks, Democratic Nominee for Vice-president. New York: D. Appleton and Co.. 1876. 434pp.
Alexander Clarence Flick; with Gustav Stubbs Lobrano. Samuel Jones Tilden: A Study in Political Sagacity. Dodd, Mead & Company. 1939. 597pp.
Roy Morris, Jr.. Fraud of the Century: Rutherford B. Hayes, Samuel Tilden, and the Stolen Election of 1876. Simon & Schuster. 2003. 311pp.
Bill Severn. Samuel J. Tilden and the Stolen Election. New York: Ives Washburn. 1968. 220pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1122)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1460)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1040)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.733)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.307)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1068)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.186)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications