|Elizabeth Cady Stanton|
Activist (12-Nov-1815 26-Oct-1902)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lisa Frederiksen Bohannon. Women's Rights and Nothing Less: The Story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Greensboro, NC: Morgan Reynolds, Inc.. 2000. 112pp.
Constance Buel Burnett. Five for Freedom: Lucretia Mott, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucy Stone, Susan B. Anthony, Carrie Chapman Catt. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press Reprint. 1968. 317pp.
Ann D. Gordon (editor). Selected Papers of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony: Volume I: In the School of Anti-Slavery, 1840-1866. Rutgers University Press. 1997. 640pp.
Ann D. Gordon (editor). The Selected Papers of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony: Volume II: Against an Aristocracy of Sex, 1866-1873. Rutgers University Press. 2000. 728pp.
Ann D. Gordon (editor). Selected Papers of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony: Volume III: National Protection for National Citizens, 1873-1880. Rutgers University Press. 2003. 704pp.
Elisabeth Griffith. In Her Own Right: The Life of Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Don Mills, Ontario, Canada: Oxford University Press. 1985. 268pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1051)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1387)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.976)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.718)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.709)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.977)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.690)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.442)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.464)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.995)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.1022)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.845)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.488)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.429)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications