Novelist (27-Jul-1940 28-Jan-2017)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Mita Banerjee. The Chutneyfication of History: Salman Rushdie, Michael Ondaatje, Bharati Mukherjee and the Postcolonial Debate. C. Winter. 2002. 314pp.
R. K. Dhawan (editor). The Fiction of Bharati Mukherjee: A Critical Symposium. New Delhi: Prestige. 1996. 223pp.
Nagendra Kumar. The Fiction of Bharati Mukherjee: A Cultural Perspective. New Delhi, India: Atlantic. 2001. 158pp.
Emmanuel S. Nelson (editor). Bharati Mukherjee: Critical Perspectives. New York: Garland. 1993.
Indira Nityanandam. Three Great Indian Women Novelists: Anita Desai, Shashi Deshpande and Bharati Mukherjee. New Delhi, India: Creative Books. 2000. 111pp.
Tandon Sushma. Bharati Mukherjee's Fiction: A Perspective. New Delhi: Sarup & Sons. 2004. 189pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.298)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.171)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.709)
- Third World Women's Literatures (pp.209-11)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.773)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.588)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications