|John Paul Jones|
Military (6-Jul-1747 18-Jul-1792)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Samuel Eliot Morison. John Paul Jones: A Sailor's Biography. Boston: Little Brown and Company. 1959.
Evan Thomas. John Paul Jones: Sailor, Hero, Father of the American Navy. New York: Simon & Schuster. 2003.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.623)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.794)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.560)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.388)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.536)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.194)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.381)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.381)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.265)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.359)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.509)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications