|Henry Morton Stanley|
Explorer (28-Jan-1841 10-May-1904)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Byron Farwell. The Man Who Presumed: A Biography of Stanley. Henry Holt & Company. 1957. 334pp.
Alan Gallop. Mr. Stanley, I Presume? The Life and Explorations of Henry Morton Stanley. Stroud: Sutton Publishing. 2004.
Tim Jeal. Stanley: The Impossible Life of Africa's Greatest Explorer. Yale University Press. 2007. 570pp.
Frank J. McLynn. Stanley: Dark Genius of African Exploration. London: Pimlico. 2004.
James L. Newman. Imperial Footprints: Henry Morton Stanley's African Journeys. Brassey's. 2004. 390pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1387)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.974)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.718)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.356)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.977)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.689)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.464)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.647)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.994)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.164)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.428)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications