Chemist, Economist (2-Sep-1877 22-Sep-1956)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Muriel Howorth. The Life Story of Frederick Soddy. London: New World Publications. 1958. 352pp.
George B. Kauffman. Frederick Soddy (1877-1956): Early Pioneer in Radiochemistry. Boston: D. Reidel Pub. Co.. 1986. 239pp.
Aleksandr Nikolaevich Krivomazov. Frederik Soddi, 1877-1956. Moscow: Izd-vo Nauka. 1978. 205pp.
Linda Merricks. The World Made New: Frederick Soddy, Science, Politics, and Environment. Oxford University Press. 1996. 223pp.
Thaddeus J. Trenn. The Self-Splitting Atom: The History of the Rutherford-Soddy Collaboration. London: Taylor and Francis. 1977. 175pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.711)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.658)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1369)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (p.654)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.398)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.459)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.446)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.484)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.141)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications