Head of State (14-Jun-1914 9-Feb-1984)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arnold Beichman; Mikhail S. Bernstam. Andropov: New Challenge to the West: A Political Biography. New York: Stein and Day. 1983. 255pp.
Martin Ebon. The Andropov File: The Life and Ideas of Yuri V. Andropov, General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. McGraw-Hill. 1983. 284pp.
Zhores A. Medvedev. Andropov. W. W. Norton. 1981. 227pp.
Vladimir Solovyov; Elena Klepikova. Yuri Andropov: A Secret Passage Into the Kremlin. Macmillan. 1983. 302pp.
Jonathan Steele. World Power: Soviet Foreign Policy Under Brezhnev and Andropov. London: Michael Joseph. 1983. 287pp.
Jonathan Steele; Eric Abraham. Andropov in Power: From Komsomol to Kremlin. Anchor Press/Doubleday. 1984. 216pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.16)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.22)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.47)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.16)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.9)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications