|Wild Bill Donovan|
Government, Military (1-Jan-1883 8-Feb-1959)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Anthony Cave Brown. The Last Hero: Wild Bill Donovan: The Biography and Political Experience of Major General William J. Donovan, Founder of the OSS and "Father" of the CIA, from His Personal and Secret Papers and the Diaries of Ruth Donovan. Vintage Books. 1984. 891p.
Richard Dunlop. Donovan: America's Master Spy. Rand McNally. 1982. 562pp.
Thomas F. Troy. Wild Bill and Intrepid: Donovan, Stephenson, and the Origin of CIA. Yale University Press. 1996. 259pp.
Douglas Waller. Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster Who Created the OSS and Modern American Espionage. Simon and Schuster. 2011. 480pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.299)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.186)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.283)
- Who's Who in CIA (p.141)
- A Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.49)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.138)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications