Inventor (14-Nov-1765 24-Feb-1815)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Cadwallader David Colden. The Life of Robert Fulton. Kirk & Mercein. 1817. 371pp.
Henry Winram Dickinson. Robert Fulton, Engineer and Artist: His Life and Works. John Lane Company. 1913. 333pp.
Thomas Wallace Knox. The Life of Robert Fulton and a History of Steam Navigation. G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1886. 507pp.
Cynthia Owen Philip. Robert Fulton: A Biography. New York: F. Watts. 1985. 371pp.
John Franklin Reigart. The Life of Robert Fulton: Accompanied with Copies of Mr. Fulton's Original Drawings and Numerous Plates, Exhibiting the Leading Incidents and Ornaments of His Private Character; His Elevated Principles of Action; His Uncommon Usefulness and Celebrity, and His Undying Fame. C. G. Henderson & Co.. 1856. 269pp.
Kirkpatrick Sale. The Fire of His Genius: Robert Fulton and the American Dream. New York: Simon & Schuster. 2001. 256pp.
Alice Crary Sutcliffe. Robert Fulton and the "Clermont": The Authoritative Story of Robert Fulton's Early Experiments, Persistent Efforts, and Historic Achievements. Containing Many of Fulton's Hitherto Unpublished Letters, Drawings, and Pictures. The Century Co.. 1909. 367pp.
Robert Henry Thurston. Robert Fulton: His Life and Its Results. Dodd, Mead and Company. 1891. 194pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.414)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.556)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.374)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.258)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.162)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.260)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.190)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.232)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.321)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.184)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.125)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications