Author, Diplomat (6-Dec-1478 7-Feb-1529)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Julia Mary Cartwright Ady. Baldassare Castiglione: The Perfect Courtier, His Life and Letters, 1478-1529. New York: E. P. Dutton. 1908.
Christine Raffini. Marsilio Ficino, Pietro Bembo, Baldassare Castiglione: Philosophical, Aesthetic, and Political Approaches in Renaissance Platonism. Peter Lang. 1998. 173pp.
Ralph Roeder. The Man of the Renaissance: Four Lawgivers: Savonarola, Machiavelli, Castiglione, Aretino. New York: Viking Press. 1933. 540pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.273)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.46)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (p.156)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.176)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.94)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.46)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.136)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.56)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.34)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2021 Soylent Communications