Author (27-May-1912 18-Jun-1982)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Blake Bailey. Cheever: A Life. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 2009. 770pp.
Francis J. Bosha (editor). The Critical Response to John Cheever. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 1994.
Benjamin Cheever (editor). The Letters of John Cheever. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1988. 397pp.
Susan Cheever. Home Before Dark: A Biographical Memoir of John Cheever. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1984.
R. G. Collins (editor). Critical Essays on John Cheever. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall. 1982.
Scott Donaldson. John Cheever: A Biography. New York: Random House. 1988. 416pp.
George W. Hunt. John Cheever: The Hobgoblin Company of Love. Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdman. 1983.
Patrick Meanor. John Cheever Revisited. Twayne. 1995. 205pp.
Anita Miller. Uncollecting Cheever: The Family of John Cheever vs. Academy Chicago Publishers. Boulder: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.. 1998.
James E. O'Hara. John Cheever: A Study of the Short Fiction. Twayne Publishers. 1989. 163pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.203)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.135)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.299)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.75)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.50)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.251-53)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.136)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.39)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.309-11)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.191)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.101)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.130)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.107)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.47)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.3)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications