|Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier|
Chemist (26-Aug-1743 8-May-1794)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Marco Beretta. Imaging a Career in Science: The Iconography of Antoine Laurent Lavoisier. Science History Publications. 2001. 126pp.
Douglas McKie. Antoine Lavoisier: The Father of Modern Chemistry. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott. 1935. 303pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.867)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.9, pp.52-53)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.143)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.291)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.397)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.285)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.304)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.149)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications