Playwright (born 3-Jul-1937)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Tim Brassell. Tom Stoppard: An Assessment. Macmillan. 1985. 299pp.
David Bratt. Tom Stoppard: A Reference Guide. G. K. Hall. 1982. 264pp.
Victor L. Cahn. Beyond Absurdity: The Plays of Tom Stoppard. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 1979. 169pp.
Joan Fitzpatrick Dean. Tom Stoppard: Comedy as a Moral Matrix. University of Missouri Press. 1981. 109pp.
Paul Delaney. Tom Stoppard: The Moral Vision of the Major Plays. St. Martin's Press. 1990. 202pp.
Paul Delaney (editor). Tom Stoppard in Conversation. University of Michigan Press. 1994. 304pp.
John Patrick Fleming. Stoppard's Theatre: Finding Order Amid Chaos. University of Texas Press. 2001. 325pp.
Mel Gussow. Conversations with Stoppard. Milwaukee, WI: Limelight Editions. 1995.
John Harty. Tom Stoppard: A Casebook. Garland. 1988. 394pp.
Ronald Hayman. Tom Stoppard. Heinemann. 1977. 143pp.
Terry Hodgson (editor). The Plays of Tom Stoppard: For Stage, Radio, TV and Film. Icon. 2001. 224pp.
Jim Hunter. Tom Stoppard's Plays. London: Faber & Faber. 1982. 258pp.
Anthony Jenkins. The Theatre of Tom Stoppard. Cambridge University Press. 1989. 200pp.
Katherine E. Kelly (editor). The Cambridge Companion to Tom Stoppard. Cambridge University Press. 2001. 244pp.
Katherine E. Kelly. Tom Stoppard and the Craft of Comedy: Medium and Genre at Play. University of Michigan Press. 1991. 179pp.
Felicia Hardison Londré. Tom Stoppard. New York: F. Ungar. 1981. 180pp.
Ira Bruce Nadel. Double Act: A Life of Tom Stoppard. Methuen. 2004. 654pp.
Malcolm Page. File on Stoppard. Methuen. 1986. 96pp.
Susan Rusinko. Tom Stoppard. Twayne. 1986. 164pp.
Roger Sales. Tom Stoppard: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead: Critical Studies. Penguin. 1988. 155pp.
Neil Sammells. Tom Stoppard: The Artist as Critic. Macmillan. 1987. 162pp.
Yael Zarhy-Levo. The Theatrical Critic as Cultural Agent: Constructing Pinter, Orton and Stoppard as Absurdist Playwrights. Peter Lang. 2001. 158pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.731)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.676)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1405)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.521)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.230)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1348)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.789-93)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.517)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.487)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.839)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.984)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.468)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.109)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.26)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications