Educator (14-May-1752 11-Jan-1817)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stephen E. Berk. Calvinism vs Democracy: Timothy Dwight and the Origins of American Evangelical Orthodoxy. Shoe String Press. 1974. 252pp.
Charles E. Cuningham. Timothy Dwight, 1752-1817: A Biography. New York: Macmillan Company. 1942. 403pp.
John R. Fitzmier. New England's Moral Legislator: Timothy Dwight, 1752-1817. Indiana University Press. 1999. 261pp.
Kenneth Silverman. Timothy Dwight. New York: Twayne. 1969. 174pp.
W. B. Sprague. Life of Timothy Dwight. 1845.
Moses Coit Tyler. Three Men of Letters: George Berkeley, Timothy Dwight and Joel Barlow. New York: Putnam. 1895. 200pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.326)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.456)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.304)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.126)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.217)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.126)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.239)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.301)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.210)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.257)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications