|Richard Harding Davis|
Author, Journalist, Playwright (18-Apr-1864 11-Apr-1916)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Fairfax Davis Downey. Richard Harding Davis: His Day. New York City: C. Scribner's Sons. 1933. 322pp.
Gerald Langford. The Richard Harding Davis Years: A Biography of A Mother and Son. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston. 1961. 336pp.
Arthur Lubow. The Reporter Who Would Be King: A Biography of Richard Harding Davis. New York: Maxwell Macmillan. 1992. 438pp.
Lewis S. Miner. Mightier than the Sword: The Story of Richard Harding Davis. Chicago, IL: A. Whitman & Co.. 1940. 225pp.
Scott Compton Osborn. Richard Harding Davis: The Development of A Journalist. Lexington, KY: University of Kentuicky Press. 1953. 706pp.
John D. Seelye. War Games: Richard Harding Davis and the New Imperialism. Amherst, MA: University of Massachusetts Press. 2003. 341pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.258)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.355)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.187-90)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.187)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.177)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.221)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.53)
- Literary Journalism: A Biographical Dictionary of Writers and Editors (p.59)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications