Explorer (16-Jul-1872 18-Jun-1928)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Roald Amundsen. My Life as an Explorer. Garden City, NY: Country Life Press. 1927.
Roald Amundsen. Roald Amundsen: My Life as an Explorer. Doubleday, Dord & Co.. 1928. 282pp. Translation of Mitt liv som polarforsker.
Roald Amundsen. Translated by Lincoln Ellsworth. Our Polar Flight: The Amundsen-Ellsworth Polar Flight. Dodd, Mead and Co.. 1925. 373pp.
Roald Amundsen. Translated by Arthur G. Chater. The South Pole: An Account of the Norwegian Antarctic Expedition in the "Fram," 1910-1912. J. Murray. 1913. 392pp.
Lynne Cox. South with the Sun: Roald Amundsen, His Polar Explorations, and the Quest for Discovery. Alfred A. Knopf. 2011. 320pp.
Roland Huntford. Scott and Amundsen. Hodder and Stoughton. 1979. 665pp.
David Thomson. Scott, Shackleton and Amundsen: Ambition and Tragedy in the Antarctic. Thunder's Mouth Press. 2002. 352pp.
Charles Turley. Roald Amundsen, Explorer. London: Methuen. 1935. 218pp.
J. Gordon Vaeth. To the Ends of the Earth: The Explorations of Roald Amundsen. Harper & Row. 1962. 219pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.14)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.19)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.42)
- Who's Who in Aviation History (p.10)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.14)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.382)
- A Biographical Dictionary of Scientists (p.11)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.29)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.7)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.11)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.160)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications