Football (born 9-Dec-1942)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Dick Butkus; with Pat Smith. Butkus: Flesh and Blood: How I Played the Game. New York, NY: Doubleday Publishing. 1997. 336pp.
Dick Butkus; with Robert W. Billings. Stop-Action. New York: E. P. Dutton & Co.. 1973. 158pp.
Bob Carroll. When the Grass Was Real: Unitas, Brown, Lombardi, Sayers, Butkus, Namath, and All the Rest: the Ten Best Years of Pro Football. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1993. 302pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.79)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.106)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, pp.133-35)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.515)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.399)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.859)
- Biographical Dictionary of American Sports: Football (pp.79-80)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.38)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.259)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications