Poet (born 23-Dec-1926)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Deborah Baker. Making a Farm: The Life of Robert Bly. Beacon Press. 1982.
William V. Davis. Robert Bly: The Poet and His Critics. New York: Camden House. 1994. 170pp.
William V. Davis. Understanding Robert Bly. Columbia, MO: University of South Carolina Press. 1988. 182pp.
William Virgil Davis (editor). Critical Essays on Robert Bly. Macmillan Library Reference. 1992. 304pp.
Ingegerd Friberg. Moving Inward: A Study of Robert Bly's Poetry. Acta Universitatis Gothoburgensis. 1977. 225pp.
Victoria Frenkel Harris. The Incorporative Consciousness of Robert Bly. Southern Illinois University Press. 1991. 222pp.
Hartmut Heep. A Different Poem: Rilke's American Translators: Randall Jarrell, Robert Lowell and Robert Bly. New York: Peter Lang. 1996. 229pp.
Richard Jones; Kate Daniels (editors). Of Solitude & Silence: Writings on Robert Bly. Boston, MA: Beacon Press. 1982.
Steven Kaplan. Robert Bly and Randall Jarrell as Translators of Rainer Maria Rilke: A Study of Translations and Their Impact on Bly's and Jarrell's Own Poetry. Peter Lang. 1989. 252pp.
George S. Lensing. Four Poets and the Emotive Imagination: Robert Bly, James Wright, Louis Simpson and William Stafford. Louisiana State University Press. 1976. 223pp.
Howard Nelson. Robert Bly: An Introduction to the Poetry. New York: Columbia University Press. 1984. 261pp.
William H. Roberson. Robert Bly: A Primary and Secondary Bibliography. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. 1986.
Richard P. Sugg. Robert Bly. Boston, MA: Twayne Publishers. 1986.
Paul Wadden. The Rhetoric of Self in Robert Bly and Adrienne Rich: Doubling and the Holotropic Urge. Peter Lang. 2003. 174pp.
- Official Website: http://www.robertbly.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.168)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.29)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.81)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.171-72)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.117)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.73)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.173)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.296)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.40)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.27)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.2)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications