Activist (4-Apr-1802 17-Jul-1887)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
David Gollaher. Voice for the Mad: The Life of Dorothea Dix. New York: Free Press. 1995. 538pp.
Francis Tiffany. Life of Dorothea Lynde Dix. Houghton, Mifflin. 1890. 392pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition (vol.8, p.346)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.279)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (pp.292-93)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.192)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.146)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.236)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.171)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.154)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.68)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications