Business (27-May-1836 2-Dec-1892)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Kenneth D. Ackerman. The Gold Ring: Jim Fisk, Jay Gould, and Black Friday, 1869. New York: Dodd, Mead. 1988. 340pp.
Julius Grodinsky. Jay Gould: His Business Career, 1867-1892. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1957. 627pp.
Murat Halstead; J. Frank Beale; Willis Fletcher Johnson. Life of Jay Gould: How He Made His Millions. Edgewood Publishing Co.. 1892. 490pp.
Maury Klein. The Life and Legend of Jay Gould. JHU Press. 1997. 640pp.
Edward J. Renehan. The Dark Genius of Wall Street: The Misunderstood Life of Jay Gould, King of the Robber Barons. Basic Books Inc.. 2005. 352pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.463)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.612)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.418)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.285)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.210)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.143)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.357)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications