|C. Wright Mills|
Sociologist (28-Aug-1916 20-Mar-1962)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John D. Brewer. C. Wright Mills and the Ending of Violence. Palgrave MacMillan. 2003. 212pp.
G. William Domhoff; Hoyt B. Ballard. C. Wright Mills and the Power Elite. Boston, MA: Beacon Press. 1968. 278pp.
Tom Hayden. Radical Nomad: C. Wright Mills and His Times. Paradigm Publishers. 2006. 226pp.
Irving Louis Horowitz. C. Wright Mills: An American Utopian. Old Tappan, NJ: The Free Press. 1983.
Kathryn Mills; Pamela Mills (editors). C. Wright Mills: Letters and Autobiographical Writings. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. 2001. 300pp.
Guy Oakes; Arthur J. Vidich. Collaboration, Reputation, and Ethics in American Academic Life: Hans H. Gerth and C. Wright Mills. University of Illinois Press. 1999. 188pp.
Fredy Perlman. The Incoherence of the Intellectual: C. Wright Mills' Struggle to Unite Knowledge and Action. Detroit, MI: Black & Red. 1970. 118pp.
Joseph Scimecca. The Sociological Theory of C. Wright Mills. Associated Faculty Press. 1977. 148pp.
Rick Tilman. Thorstein Veblen, John Dewey, C. Wright Mills and the Generic Ends of Life. Rowman & Littlefield. 2004. 295pp.
Rick Tilman. C. Wright Mills: A Native Radical and His American Intellectual Roots. University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press. 1984. 244pp.
- Official Website: http://www.cwrightmills.org/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.781)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.513)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.482)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1016)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.674)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.201)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.503)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.344)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.351)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.114)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications