Baseball (18-Dec-1886 17-Jul-1961)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles C. Alexander. Ty Cobb. Oxford University Press. 1985. 304pp.
Richard Bak. Peach: Ty Cobb in His Time and Ours. Ann Arbor, MI: Ann Arbor Media. 2005.
John Dennis McCallum. Ty Cobb. Praeger. 1975. 225pp.
John Dennis McCallum. The Tiger Wore Spikes: An Informal Biography of Ty Cobb. Barnes. 1956. 240pp.
Tom Stanton. Ty and the Babe: Baseball's Fiercest Rivals: A Surprising Friendship and the 1941 Has-beens Golf Championship. New York: Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press. 2007. 290pp.
Al Stump. Cobb: The Life and Times of the Meanest Man Who Ever Played Baseball. Chapel Hill, NC: Algonquin Books. 1994.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.219)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.324)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.209)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.141)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.116)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, pp.174-76)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.516)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.538-40)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.861)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.51)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.260)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications