|Sir Richard Owen|
Naturalist, Paleontologist (20-Jul-1804 18-Dec-1892)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jacob W. Gruber; John C. Thackray. Richard Owen Commemoration: Three Studies. London: Natural History Museum. 1992. 181pp.
Richard Owen. The Life of Richard Owen. London: John Murray. 1894-95. (2 vols.) 409pp. + 393pp. By Owen's grandson.
Nicolaas A. Rupke. Richard Owen: Victorian Naturalist. Yale University Press. 1994. 462pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.220)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.381)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.368)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.392)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.140)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications