|P. G. Wodehouse|
Author (15-Oct-1881 14-Feb-1975)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joseph Connolly. P. G. Wodehouse: An Illustrated Biography with Complete Bibliography and Collector's Guide. London: Orbis Publishing. 1979. 160pp.
Frances Donaldson (editor). Yours, Plum: The Letters of P. G. Wodehouse. London: Hutchinson. 1990. 270pp.
Frances Donaldson. P. G. Wodehouse: A Biography. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson. 1982. 399pp.
Daniel H. Garrison. Who's Who in Wodehouse. New York: Peter Lang. 1987. 219pp.
Benny Green. P. G. Wodehouse: A Literary Biography. London: Pavilion Books. 1981.
James H. Heineman; Donald R. Bensen (editors). P. G. Wodehouse: A Centenary Celebration, 1881-1901. Oxford University Press/The Pierpoint Morgan Library. 1981. 199pp.
D. A. Jasen. A Bibliography and Reader's Guide to the First Editions of P. G. Wodehouse. Archon Books. 1970. 290pp. Second edition in 1986, of 306pp.
David A. Jasen. P. G. Wodehouse: A Portrait of a Master. New York: Mason & Lipscomb. 1974.
Robert McCrum. Wodehouse: A Life. London: Viking. 2004. 544pp.
E. McIlvaine; L. S. Sherby; J. H. Heineman. P. G. Wodehouse: A Comprehensive Bibliography and Checklist. New York: James H. Heineman, Inc.. 1990. 461pp.
N. T. P. Murphy. In Search of Blandings: The Facts behind the Wodehouse Fiction. (privately published). 1981. 250pp. A second edition was published 1986 by Secker & Warburg, London.
Barry Phelps. P. G. Wodehouse: Man and Myth. London: Constable and Co.. 1992. 344pp.
Tony Ring. You Simply Hit Them with an Axe: The Extraordinary True Story of the Tax Turmoils of P. G. Wodehouse. Maidenhead: Porpoise Books. 1995. 255pp.
Iain Sproat. Wodehouse at War: The Extraordinary Truth About P. G. Wodehouse's Broadcasts on Nazi Radio. London: Milner & Company Ltd.. 1981.
Brian Taves. P. G. Wodehouse and Hollywood: Screenwriting, Satires and Adaptations. McFarland & Company. 2006. 228pp.
Richard Usborne. Plum Sauce: A P. G. Wodehouse Companion. Overlook Hardcover. 2003.
Richard J. Voorhees. P. G. Wodehouse. New York: Twayne Publishers. 1966.
Herbert Warren Wind. The World of P. G. Wodehouse. New York: Praeger. 1972.
- Pelham Grenville Wodehouse collection of papers, 1905-1975
New York Public Library
- PG Wodehouse Secures Redemption as British Library Acquires Priceless Archive
The author's reputation, long tarnished by charges of Nazi collaboration, will be restored as his papers find a new home
by Robert McCrum. The Guardian, 26-Nov-2016.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.831)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.762)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1574)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.199)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.257)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1394-1400)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1538)
- Current Biography, 1971 Yearbook (pp.443-45)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1123)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.519)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.558)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.27)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications