Author (born 30-Nov-1947)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bruce Barton. How Good Is David Mamet, Anyway? Writings on Theatre: And Why It Matters. New York: Routledge. 2000.
Christopher Bigsby. The Cambridge Companion to David Mamet. Cambridge University Press. 2004. 266pp.
Gay Brewer. David Mamet and Film: Illusion/Disillusion in a Wounded Land. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company. 1993. 211pp.
Dennis Carroll. David Mamet. Palgrave Macmillan. 1987.
Anne Dean. David Mamet: Language as Dramatic Action. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 1990. 248pp.
Leslie Kane. Weasels and Wisemen: Ethics and Ethnicity in the Work of David Mamet. Gordonsville, VA: Palgrave Macmillan. 1999.
Leslie Kane (editor). Gender and Genre: Essays on David Mamet. Palgrave Macmillan. 2001. 272pp.
Leslie Kane (editor). The Art of Crime: The Plays and Film of Harold Pinter and David Mamet. Taylor and Francis/Routledge. 2004. 256pp. Essays.
Leslie Kane (editor). David Mamet in Conversation. University of Michigan Press. 2001. 240pp.
Ira Nadel. David Mamet: A Life in the Theatre. Macmillan. 2008. 304pp.
David K. Sauer; Janice A. Sauer. David Mamet: A Research and Production Sourcebook. Westport, CT: Praeger. 2003.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.451)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.960)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.155)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.917)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.323)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.466)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.349)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.318)
- Contemporary North American Directors (p.304)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.642)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.555)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.555-59)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.469)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.88)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.252)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.10)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications