Journalist (3-Aug-1900 18-Apr-1945)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ray E. Boomhower. The Soldier's Friend: A Life of Ernie Pyle. Indiana Historical Society. 2006. 134pp.
Richard Melzer. Ernie Pyle in the American Southwest: A Focused Biography. Sunstone Press. 1996. 176pp.
Lee Graham Miller. The Story of Ernie Pyle. Viking Press. 1950. 439pp.
James Tobin. Ernie Pyle's War: America's Eyewitness to World War II. Simon and Schuster. 1997.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.576)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.849)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.620)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.803)
- A Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.156)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.591)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.809)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.57)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications