|Thomas Henry Huxley|
Scientist (24-May-1825 29-Jun-1895)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Albert Ashforth. Thomas Henry Huxley. New York: Twayne Publishers, Inc.. 1969. 182pp.
E. W. MacBride. Huxley. London: Duckworth. 1934. 143pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.752)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.206)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.495)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.225c)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.249)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.325)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.168)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.249)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.269)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.259)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.139)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.234)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications