|A. R. Ammons|
Poet (18-Feb-1926 25-Feb-2001)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Roger Gilbert (editor). Considering the Radiance: Essays on the Poetry of A. R. Ammons. W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.. 2005.
Nick Halpern. Everyday and Prophetic: The Poetry of Lowell, Ammons, Merrill, and Rich. University of Wisconsin Press. 2003. 296pp.
Robert Kirschten. Approaching Prayer: Ritual and the Shape of Myth in A. R. Ammons and James Dickey. Louisiana State University Press. 1998. 216pp.
Robert Kirschten (editor). Critical Essays on A. R. Ammons. New York: G. K. Hall. 1997. 411pp.
Steven P. Schneider (editor). Complexities of Motion: New Essays on A. R. Ammons's Long Poems. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 1999. 361pp.
Steven P. Schneider. A. R. Ammons and the Poetics of Widening Scope. Madison, NJ: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 1994.
Stuart Wright. A. R. Ammons: A Bibliography, 1954-1979. Wake Forest University. 1980. 179pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.14)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.30)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.33)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.48-50)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.15)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.13)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications