Film Director (15-Sep-1894 12-Feb-1979)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ronald Bergan. Jean Renoir: Projections of Paradise. New York, NY: The Overlook Press. 1994. 378pp.
Jean Renoir. Translated by Norman Denny. Life and My Films. Da Capo Press. 1991. 320pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.637)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.591)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1231)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.274)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1177)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.468)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.282)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (pp.449-451)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (pp.726-28)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.863)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.705-10)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.409-12)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.419)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.204)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.342)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications