Mathematician (23-Nov-1616 28-Oct-1703)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Douglas M. Jesseph. Squaring the Circle: The War Between Hobbes and Wallis. University of Chicago Press. 1999. 419pp.
J. F. Scott. The Mathematical Work of John Wallis (1616-1703): D.D., F.R.S.. London: Taylor and Francis. 1938. 240pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1528)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.90)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.498)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.308)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications