|George W. Cable|
Author, Activist (12-Oct-1844 31-Jan-1925)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles Philip Butcher. George W. Cable: The Northampton Years. New York: Columbia University Press. 1959.
Philip Butcher. George Washington Cable. Twayne. 1962. 189pp.
Bikle Lucy Leffingwell Cable. George W. Cable: His Life and Letters. New York: Scribner's. 1928. 378pp.
Guy A. Cardwell. Twins of Genius. Michigan State College Press. 1953. 134pp.
John Cleman. George Washington Cable Revisited. Twayne. 1996. 214pp.
Kjell Ekström. George Washington Cable: A Study of His Early Life and Work. Uppsala and Cambridge: A. B. Lundequistska/Harvard University Press. 1950. 197pp.
Anna Shannon Elfenbein. Women on the Color Line: Evolving Stereotypes and the Writings of George Washington Cable, Grace King, Kate Chopin. University of Virginia Press. 1989. 195pp.
Barbara Ladd. Nationalism and the Color Line in George W. Cable, Mark Twain, and William Faulkner. Louisiana State University Press. 1996. 232pp.
Willia H. Roberson. George Washington Cable: An Annotated Bibliography. NJ: Scarecrow Press. 1982. 255pp.
Louis Rubin. George W. Cable: The Life and Times of a Southern Heretic. New York, NY: Pegasus. 1969. 304pp.
Arlin Turner. George W. Cable: A Biography. Duke University Press. 1956. 400pp.
Arlin Turner. Mark Twain and George W. Cable. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press. 1960. 141pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.242)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.164)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.124)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.115)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.158)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.109)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.133)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.124)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.39)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications