Poet, Critic (16-Jan-1901 2-Sep-1991)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Barbara Block Adams. The Enemy Self: Poetry and Criticism of Laura Riding. UMI Research Press. 1990. 127pp.
Deborah Baker. In Extremis: The Life of Laura Riding. iUniverse. 2000. 508pp.
Elizabeth Friedmann. A Mannered Grace: The Life of Laura Riding Jackson. New York, New York: Persea Books. 2005. 571pp.
T. S. Matthews. Under the Influence: Recollections of Robert Graves, Laura Riding, and Friends. London: Cassell. 1977. 354pp.
Joyce Piell Wexler. Laura Riding: A Bibliography. Garland Publications. 1981. 173pp.
Joyce Piell Wexler. Laura Riding's Pursuit of Truth. Ohio University Press. 1980. 169pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.643)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1241)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1173)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.564-66)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.640)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.871)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.611)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.394)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.423)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.903)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.275)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.762)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications