Film Director (12-Jul-1882 6-Oct-1962)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Nancy M. Bombaci. Freaks in Late Modernist American Culture: Nathanael West, Djuna Barnes, Tod Browning, and Carson McCullers. Peter Lang. 2005. 175pp.
Bernd Herzogenrath. The Films of Tod Browning. Black Dog Publishing. 2006. 238pp.
Stuart Rosenthal; Judith M. Kass. Tod Browning. Tantivy Press. 1975. 207pp.
David J. Skal; Elias Savada. Dark Carnival: The Secret World of Tod Browning: Hollywood's Master of the Macabre. Anchor Books. 1995. 359pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.194)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.84)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.63)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.115)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.111-14)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.61-63)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.35)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications