Actor (4-Mar-1913 21-May-1952)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James N. Beaver, Jr.. John Garfield: His Life and Films. Cranbury, NJ: A. S. Barnes & Co.. 1978. 204pp.
Howard Gelman. The Films of John Garfield. Secaucus, NJ: Citadel Press. 1975. 224pp.
Patrick J. McGrath. John Garfield: The Illustrated Career in Films and on Stage. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company. 1993. 286pp.
George Morris. John Garfield. New York: Pyramid Publications. 1977. 160pp.
Robert Nott. He Ran All the Way: A Biography of John Garfield. New York: Limelight Editions. 2003. 354pp.
Robert L. Sklar. City Boys: Cagney, Bogart, Garfield. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. 1994. 326pp.
Larry Swindell. Body and Soul: The Story of John Garfield. New York: William Morrow. 1975. 288pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.527)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.178)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.213)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.168)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.326)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.263)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.201)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.287)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications