Dancer, Singer, Actor (16-Jul-1911 25-Apr-1995)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arlene Croce. The Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers Book. New York: Galahad Books. 1972. 191pp.
Homer Dickens. The Films of Ginger Rogers. Secaucus, NJ: Citadel Press. 1975. 256pp.
George Eells. Ginger, Loretta, and Irene Who?. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1976. 393pp. Lives of Ginger Rogers, Miriam Hopkins, Ruth Etting, Loretta Young, Kay Francis and Irene Bentley.
Jocelyn Faris. Ginger Rogers: A Bio-Bibliography. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1994. 312pp.
Edward Gallafent. Astaire & Rogers. Columbia University Press. 2002. 256pp.
Patrick McGilligan. Ginger Rogers. Pyramid Publications. 1975. 159pp.
Sheridan Morley. Shall We Dance: The Life of Ginger Rogers. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson. 1995. 96pp.
Dick Richards. Ginger: Salute to a Star. Brighton, England: Clifton Books. 1969. 192pp.
Ginger Rogers. Ginger: My Story. Harper Collins. 1991. 450pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1204)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.479)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.394)
- Current Biography, 1967 Yearbook (pp.345-49)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.461)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.429)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.474)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.347)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.749)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.836)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.623)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.427)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.127-29)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.320)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications