Philosopher, Doctor (1126 1198)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Roger Arnaldez. Translated by David Streight. Averroes: A Rationalist in Islam. University of Notre Dame Press. 2000. 157pp. Translation of Averroès: un rationaliste en Islam.
Carmela Baffioni (editor). Averroes and the Aristotelian Heritage. Guida Editori. 2004. 247pp.
Catarina Belo. Chance and Determinism in Avicenna and Averroes. E. J. Brill. 2007. 252pp.
Herbert A. Davidson. Alfarabi, Avicenna, and Averroes on Intellect: Their Cosmologies, Theories of the Active Intellect, and Theories of Human Intellect. Oxford University Press. 1992. 363pp.
Majid Fakhry. Averroes: His Life, Works and Influence. Oneworld. 2001. 187pp.
Salim Kemal. The Philosophical Poetics of Alfarabi, Avicenna and Averroes: The Aristotelian Reception. Routledge/Curzon. 2003. 368pp.
Barry S. Kogan. Averroes and the Metaphysics of Causation. SUNY Press. 1985. 348pp.
Oliver Leaman. Averroes and His Philosophy. Oxford University Press. 1988. 204pp.
Ovey N. Mohammed. Averroes' Doctrine of Immortality: A Matter of Controversy. Wilfrid Laurier University Press. 1984. 199pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.27)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.82)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.30)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (p.49)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.66)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.42)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.48)
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology (p.20)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.13)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.99)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications