Author, Activist (16-Jan-1933 28-Dec-2004)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Liam Kennedy. Susan Sontag: Mind as Passion. Manchester, England: Manchester University Press. 1995. 146pp.
Leland Poague; Kathy A. Parsons. Susan Sontag: An Annotated Bibliography, 1948-1992. New York City: Garland Publishing. 2000. 596pp.
Leland A. Poague (editor). Conversations with Susan Sontag. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi. 1995. 320pp.
Carl Rollyson; Lisa Paddock. Susan Sontag: The Making of an Icon. New York: W. W. Norton. 2000.
Carl E. Rollyson, Jr.. Reading Susan Sontag: A Critical Introduction to Her Work. Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group. 2001.
Sohnya Sayres. Susan Sontag: The Elegiac Modernist. New York: Routledge. 1990.
- Official Website: http://www.susansontag.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.661)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1371)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.313)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1155-57)
- Current Biography, 1969 Yearbook (pp.413-15)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.708)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.473)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.187)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1348-50)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.966)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.204)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.683)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.436)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.460)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.134)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.1007)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.2, pp.548-53)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.824)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.116)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications